Penrod & George recommends using SafeSend for the delivery of your tax returns. We have provided helpful information, links, and frequenty asked questions to using SafeSend here, but if you need more information, please contact us.
LOGIN TO SAFESEND
SafeSend Returns is a user-friendly and highly secure technology solution that allows you to manage your tax returns from the convenience of a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- You will receive an email from Penrod & George at email@example.com. Add this email to your safe list to prevent it from being categorized as spam or junk.
- If you do not see an email from Penrod & George at firstname.lastname@example.org, please check your Spam or Junk Folder.
- For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome.
Once you have gained access to your tax returns, you will be able to:
- Download, review and/or print your tax returns.
- See if you owe taxes, are receiving any refunds, and see your estimated tax payments (if applicable).
- Electronically sign your e-file authorization forms.
- If applicable, electronically distribute your K-1s to your Partners/Shareholders.
HELPFUL LINKS TO VIDEOS AND GUIDES
Following are links to various helpful videos and user guides that may provide further assistance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Will I receive a notification when my return is ready?
- Yes, you will receive an email from: email@example.com. If you do not see this email, check your spam/junk folder.
What if I don’t receive an email with my access code?
- Check your spam/junk folder, or search firstname.lastname@example.org first. If you still do not see your access code request another one.
Where do the identity verification questions come from?
- The questions SafeSend asks are knowledge-based questions pulled from government and credit sources. Examples may be where you lived in a given year, or what car you bought. If you don’t remember the answers or answer incorrectly you won’t be able to sign your e-file authorization form electronically. You can print, sign, and return to Penrod & George.
Does SafeSend work on any internet connected device?
- This process can be completed on any computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Will I have the option to download and print my return for my records?
- You can download and print your return using a computer. However, using a smartphone or tablet you will only be able to review and sign.
How can both my spouse and I sign the e-file authorization form?
- The taxpayer will receive the email from SafeSend first and answer the Identity questions to sign the e-file authorization form. Once the taxpayer signed, they will be instructed to enter their spouse’s email, this can be the same email address if your share an email. Your spouse will be instructed through the same process. Penrod & George will then receive a notification that the return has successfully be signed. We then e-file your return to the IRS.
Do I need to print and mail anything to the government? Will you return my source documents?
- If you have payments due, SafeSend provides the links to pay them online or we can have your vouchers that need sent in along with your source documents at our office for pick up.
Can I still have my booklet if I do SafeSend?
- We can still provide the booklet to you but please call our office after tax season for this request.
Still have questions?